Monday, 27 June 2011

Proposal

Proposal

I intend to make an ultra-local newspaper that covers the Harrogate and Nidderdale area. The stories covered will be mostly occurrences that affect the local community and news that affects the whole nation but are given a local perspective spin. This could be the Olympics for example, say if a local is taking part. I will give priority to personalization and negativity. Negative stories create more of a buzz however the newspaper will feature plenty of positive stories to show how great the local community is and highlight the togetherness of the people. What I really want is to prove, is that Harrogate and Nidderdale are a strong community and I want to represent the community in a positive and interesting light.



Ideology

I’m intending to replicate the established conventions of existing newspapers as they are successful and without these generic conventions the audience I fear, will not recognise the product. The newspaper will not challenge the existing Status-Quo and will remain conservative to appeal to the wider community. For example, do not suggest any division between people in the community as community suggests togetherness. This could also mean not referring to political divisions.



Audience

The newspaper is intended to be age-neutral and appeal to all ages. Predominantly people over 30 will read the newspaper to a greater depth and are probably most likely to buy it. I also think there will be a secondary audience. For example if a parent buys the newspaper, it is most likely going to be read by their spouse/partner/child if its available.



Names

·         Nidderdale Herald

·         Harrogate Advertiser

·         Ripon Gazette

·         Knaresborough Post

·         Yorkshire Evening Post

·         Yorkshire Post

·         Ilkley Gazette

·         The Advertiser

No comments:

Post a Comment